On April 16, 2021, Reach Out & Read Illinois hosted a virtual Site Support meeting! Thank you to those that could attend. If you haven’t yet, please take a moment to fill our our Diverse Books survey!
|Below is the video of our Opening Presentation & Diversity in Children’s Books Panel Discussion featuring: |
Tamela Chambers, Librarian, Chicago Public Library
Anne Gearhart, MD, Pediatrician Friend Health Center
Mariana Glusman, MD, Pediatrician Lurie Children’s
Derrick Ramsey, Co-Founder, Young, Black & Lit Organization
Robin York, M.S., ROR Program Coordinator, Healthy Steps Specialist Advocate Children’s Hospital
Thank you to Young, Black & Lit and All About Books & the Chicago Public Library for supporting this event!
Here is a list of Children’s Books mentioned during the meeting.
- The Eyes that Kiss in the Corners, by Joanna Ho
- The Camping Trip, by Jennifer K. Mann
- Love is Me, by Qiana Davis
- Dancing in the Wings, by Debbie Allen
- Ten, Nine, Eight, by Molly Bang
- Introducing Teddy, by Jessica Walton
- I am Every Good Thing, by Derrick Barnes
- M is for Melanin, by Tiffany Rose
- Ruby Find a Worry, by Tom Percival
- I Love You Like Sunshine, by Dr. Mariana Glusman
- My Brown Baby: On the Joys and Challenges of Raising African American Children, by Denene Millner
- My Very Favorite Book in the Whole Wide World, by Mac Mitchell
(Did we miss one? Email Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!)